Thursday, December 5, 2013

The fox and the snow



Yesterday I woke up to snow. Lots of it, which was perfectly fine with me. I love hanging out in my PJs with nowhere to go. Until I realized I needed to go grocery shopping. Until the toilet clogged and no plunger was to be found. It was time to drive to get supplies. Anyone who has lived with snow is probably well versed in the snow dance. First you bundle up, sweep(literally) the snow off of the car, scrape the windows, warm up the car, all without trying to freeze yourself. So I did that. Then there was the driving part. That was an adventure. No one can see the lines on the road under the snow, so it is kind of a free for all. I also know now, that when the snow is slushy from all the traffic, to drive about 20 miles an hour and that it is ok if everyone passes me. I take comfort in knowing that if I wreck it will not be my doing. I like the cold. The snow is just so new to me. I have lived in Florida for twenty something years and I have always known that I preferred the cold weather to the sticky, sweaty, humid Florida. Although, I do miss all my friends there.

I also did some painting yesterday. This is my second attempt at painting a fox. I didn’t get very far on the first one. It was a very rigid looking fox and looked very forced. It will be gessoed for a future painting. This is the one that I finished



“Fox in the evening”

11inx14in

acrylic on canvas

for sale.

To see what other things I am working on visit my facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HollyBroxson.Art

No comments:

Post a Comment