Thursday, December 19, 2013

Digital Painting adventures



The past week has been a bit chaotic as it usually is the week before Christmas. I have been too busy for art or for blogging. It missed it!

I have spent most of my life doing some kind of art, but painting digitally is somewhat new to me. My education was in graphic design, so I understand the programs. It is this Wacom tablet that I am having to get used to. I used one a lot at one of my jobs back in the early 2000s, but I was just airbrushing and editing back then. Completing an entire painting is a whole new hand-eye coordination exercise. So, last night I worked on a painting. It isn't hyper-realistic, like so many amazing digital works out there, but it is in my style. That is something that I did not know if I could achieve digitally. What I have done so far is this: I am still not sure how much more I will do on this particular painting. I am ready to start on one that is not a practice piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment