Wednesday, November 20, 2013

the inconsistent artist

I have, for the most part, been an inconsistent blogger. I will try harder.
    I have some new projects going on, right now. First of all I have moved to Colorado. That is a huge move considering I have lived in Florida most of my life. I love it. It is cool(literally) and the culture is different.
    I am also working on a website where I can display my art. There will be links to my etsy store and zazzle store. It has been a slow process, as there has been a bit of a learning curve as I work on everything. I am realizing that I cannot do it all at once. I work on a little and then move on to something else and then go back to the first thing I was working on. I am an artist. All the business/networking bits are new and I think that I should build momentum as I learn all the little things. I guess a regular day job is like that, too. The difference is I have no clock to be on and no one to really train me.  Anyway, I have some fun stuff that I have been working on. I have taken a little break from the watercolor work and have been doing acrylic paintings on canvas.  I find that the planning process is different. If you make a mistake with acrylic, you just paint over it. Brilliant! I will be doing some tutorials in the future along with some time lapse footage of my process.



No comments:

Post a Comment